NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Mario Kart 7 (3DS) *Codes in 1st post*

OFFICIAL NINTENDOFUSE COMMUNITY CODES:

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921
Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

OTHER:

Use the above codes anytime for random races/battles.
We will have some "official" tournaments here and there, and we will set up special community codes for those races.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:06 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Post Re: Mario Kart 3DS
I will get the game as long as there is no snaking. I like for near realistic physics and such in my racers. I hope Rainbow Road, all versions, is in it.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
I will get the game as long as there is no snaking. I like for near realistic physics and such in my racers. I hope Rainbow Road, all versions, is in it.

If you want realistic physics why would you even pick up Mario Kart? I personally want to see another airship level.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:39 am
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
I also hope there is no snaking, as that is one reason I don't play Mario Kart DS online much anymore.

As for tracks, I hope they have some from the NSMB games and maybe Mario Galaxy games. For old tracks, I really want Wario Stadium from MK64.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:39 am
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

Weave wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

If you want realistic physics why would you even pick up Mario Kart? I personally want to see another airship level.

Another stupid quote from Trist!

He doesn't seem to know what "near realistic" means. That's like Forza physics, which is not as realistic as Gran Turismo, so it's near realistic.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:12 am
Forum Administrator

Post Mario Kart 3DS
Well, to be fair, you don't fall up (unlike some apple-cherries on a certain game I know x_x), smaller cars bounce further than larger cars, and turtle shells fly. It's not too far from the norm.

Remember that he was referring to the absurd something-from-nothing deal that is snaking. With that, suspension of disbelief is unattainable.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:17 am
5000+ Club

spyker wrote:
Weave wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

Another stupid quote from Trist!

He doesn't seem to know what "near realistic" means. That's like Forza physics, which is not as realistic as Gran Turismo, so it's near realistic.

What I meant was that snaking is not realistic physics, otherwise the game exists in the bounds of near realism. There is really no justification from snaking being realistic, the game had drafting which is catching wind from the other cars to gain some boost and what not, but swerving side to side to do the same?

Plus they at least had individual stats for each vehicle type and what not, If I remember.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
I agree with SV on this. And especially after seeing Trist's response, it seems like we were correct. Spyker, take it easy!

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

If there's no snaking, there'll be something else. Players will always find ways to exploit a game.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:18 am
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Charmy wrote:
If there's no snaking, there'll be something else. Players will always find ways to exploit a game.

That's very well true..... bunch of cheaters. lol

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:32 am
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Charmy wrote:

I thought it was said that snaking wasnt necessarily an exploit but the developers purposely put it in there?

Oh well but
Quote:
Mario Kart 3D and Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle will both be launch titles but Bild also believe Nintendo have one more surprise in store. If their source is to be believed a 3D version of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time will also be released at launch.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

Post Mario Kart 3DS
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Charmy wrote:

I thought it was said that snaking wasnt necessarily an exploit but the developers purposely put it in there?

Nintendo reps contradict each other on this point, but they were certainly aware of snaking after Double Dash.

Quote:
Oh well but
Quote:
Mario Kart 3D and Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle will both be launch titles but Bild also believe Nintendo have one more surprise in store. If their source is to be believed a 3D version of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time will also be released at launch.

I wonder what game game will be packaged with the system? Regardless, I'm going to be out by a LOT of money when the system is released.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:48 pm
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

My release games will be Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, and Starfox, if they release first, YEAH.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:22 pm
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Mario Kart 3DS won't be a launch title. Mario Kart games never are anyways. Regardless, to respond to the first post, I had pointed that out in the podcast once a while back. Wuhu Island is popping up in Mario Kart 3DS and PilotWings Resort. Also notice the Mii's in the background, which made me suggest on the podcast that Mii's are coming to the 3DS, and that turned out correct. If they do what they did with Mario Kart Wii, then you might be able to unlock the ability to play as your Mii on Mario Kart 3DS, and that should be fun.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Metroid Blaster

I don't really know what to expect out of a handheld Mario Kart game. I never got MKDS, but I hear good things about it (except for the snaking deal, of course). I'll probably get this one, though. Hopefully the online stuff won't be so miserable in that regard.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:33 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
SirWetBiscuitJr. wrote:
I don't really know what to expect out of a handheld Mario Kart game. I never got MKDS, but I hear good things about it (except for the snaking deal, of course). I'll probably get this one, though. Hopefully the online stuff won't be so miserable in that regard.

Great game! Much better than the GBA version, IMO. They seemed to perfect steering with the control pad in MKDS, and the online system was pretty good, especially when it first came out. Like others have said, people will find a way to exploit a game online, but hopefully it won't be too bad and Nintendo can take care of them (banning or something).

Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:17 am
Profile WWW
Metroid Blaster

hattrick wrote:
SirWetBiscuitJr. wrote:

Great game! Much better than the GBA version, IMO. They seemed to perfect steering with the control pad in MKDS, and the online system was pretty good, especially when it first came out. Like others have said, people will find a way to exploit a game online, but hopefully it won't be too bad and Nintendo can take care of them (banning or something).

Actually, I've only played the SNES, N64, and Wii versions of Mario Kart. All three are great, though. I hope MK3DS would compare nicely to those. I'm not expecting it to be as good as a console version, though, but I'm sure it could be. I'm curious to see more of this.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:58 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
SirWetBiscuitJr. wrote:
hattrick wrote:
SirWetBiscuitJr. wrote:

Actually, I've only played the SNES, N64, and Wii versions of Mario Kart. All three are great, though. I hope MK3DS would compare nicely to those. I'm not expecting it to be as good as a console version, though, but I'm sure it could be. I'm curious to see more of this.

I would imagine it will be very good! I've not met a MK game I didn't really enjoy. The GBA version was the worst, IMO, but it was still great.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
I've played all of them. Started with MK64 which was awesome, then got Double Dash for GCN which was awesome, and then MKDS and MKWii which are both awesome. I later went back and tried the SNES one and bought the GBA one, both of which I'm not really fans of. Barely played the SNES one so I can't say much, but the GBA one I've played some on my GB Micro and the controls suck and the levels feel pretty bland. Personally, I'd recommend any of them from Mario Kart 64 and onwards on consoles, plus MKDS. I honestly can't pick a favorite out of them cause I like them all for different reasons, but I'd say MKDS and MKWii are my top two favorites. I like MK64 for nostalgia and MKDD for some fun levels and the dual player mechanic, but both MKDS and MKWii have great levels and are fun to play online (though I barely played MKDS online recently and from what I've heard, it's not as good cause of cheaters, plus the fact that you can't play every level online).

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

hattrick wrote:
SirWetBiscuitJr. wrote:

Well I heard Nintendo will have a more robust and solid way to handle stuff like that. So maybe people will not be exploiting the game in any "illegally" supported way.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
hattrick wrote:
SirWetBiscuitJr. wrote:

Well I heard Nintendo will have a more robust and solid way to handle stuff like that. So maybe people will not be exploiting the game in any "illegally" supported way.

Yep, heard the same here. So hopefully they'll fix that.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:31 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Yup. Automatic firmware updates to block piracy would do it, and hopefully they've learned their lesson and will have a better way to monitor online play so they can ban those who are cheating or at least take some sort of action.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:57 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Posted in the other topic, but deserves a post here. Mario Kart 3DS trailer:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Demo of one of the tracks at E3 with direct feed audio:

The return of the coins is cool! I didn't really like the older versions of Mario Kart that featured coins because of the controls and other things, but it's great to see them return now. Also, the glider stuff looks like fun, should be interesting in terms of strategy. Looks great!

Also other things I wanted to mention...
- You can download the 3D trailer on the eShop, it's awesome!
- The game will feature 8 players online, twice as much as the DS version!

Can't wait for this! Mario Kart DS was one of my favorite DS games ever, this game is surely going to take that title on the 3DS for me for quite a while... until Smash Bros comes along lol.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

The cheesy effects and such were distracting, oil is still as annoying as ever but even more in 3D, the graphics dont look so hot nor appealing, polygon count seems low, like it was sacrificed for 60FPS and support for 4 more carts online. Glinding is not the innovation I was looking for. All in all it is just a disappointing Mario Kart as I expected more from it.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 631 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next