It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Fire Emblem: Awakening 
Mr. Game & Watch

Post Fire Emblem: Awakening
First off. Hello again, it has been a while. I haven't been doing much gaming, so I haven't really been stopping by the site. In fact, I'm barely on my computer unless I'm editing photos.

But anyway, did anyone else pick up Fire Emblem? I just stopped by Best Buy to grab a copy. I haven't gotten a new 3DS game for a year (unless Pokemon Black 2 counts), so I decided it's time to start playing again. So far I'm really enjoying the game. The visuals look great, and I've always loved Fire Emblem games.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:34 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening
I got NintendoFuse's review copy, trying to get the review up today. I absolutely love the game. I recommend it to everyone and anyone. This is only my second game into the series (first was Ambassador Program Sacred Stones, which I loved too). Definitely getting more games in the series as they come along, not too sure about picking up previous games, depends on if I'm not getting any new games for a while.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Beat it! I loved this game. I wish I had time to replay it...

After the first 5-7 chapters and losing a few characters, I went for like 12-14 without losing another. Then decided to finish it out without replaying the levels over and over and not losing characters. There were particular ones I would still reset if lost, but managed to end the game with my favorite ones alive.

I played on Normal with the classic settings (characters remain dead). Not sure if I could do it on hard, but definitely have the strategy down if I ever replay it (I really want to already!).

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Space Pirate

3DS Friend Code:
1375-7552-3113
Yea I'm playing through on Hard, about halfway through the main story, no deaths. Great game, wish I had more time to chug through it. I don't advance very quickly because I'm a completionist.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:19 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Mnemosy wrote:
Yea I'm playing through on Hard, about halfway through the main story, no deaths. Great game, wish I had more time to chug through it. I don't advance very quickly because I'm a completionist.

Normally I am, but with my large stack of games to play and it growing in the next month, there's certain ones I want to finish, then I can go back and complete others. Like I want to replay Fire Emblem now that I have a better strategy down.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

I solved that problem by buying fewer games.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:43 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
its a fun game I played the demo and getting it tomorrow

Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:17 pm
Space Pirate

3DS Friend Code:
0619-3199-4715
I'm upset that I don't already have this game, it's an excellent game I played the demo over and over for about 3 hours and I love it need to get it now!

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:01 pm
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4553-9962-6820
I'm 19 hours in and am only on Chapter 12 (I've been doing all the side missions and Risen battles to level up my characters and strengthen their relationships). I love the game so much! The music, visuals, dialogue and gameplay are all spot-on. Without getting into too many spoilers, I'll just say that Gregor is my favourite character thus far. There's something charming about his accent and broken English.

I wouldn't mind hearing which characters you're all pairing up... I'll place mine in a "spoiler" tab in case you want to avoid them! I'm matching them somewhat like a drunk Cupid would - pairing all the characters who don't seem to go well together to see what happens!

Spoiler: show
Virion and Sully - I like how their romance developed through the dialogue without compromising Sully's "masculinity".

Chrom and Sumia - She was madly in love with him! I just had to pair them up :3 I liked the recurring theme of pies.

The Avatar and Lissa

Vaike and Miriel - I thought it would be interesting to pair one of the smartest characters in the game with one of the dumbest. I laughed when Miriel mistook her feelings of love for some kind of illness.

Lon'qu and Maribelle - The character who's afraid of women with the most feminine of the group? Of course! Although when I heard about how Lon'qu and Miriel's dialogue tree played out, I kind of wished I had paired them together! (Look it up, or try it out for yourself!)

Donnel and Nowi - Nowi looks and acts so young... I would have felt kind of weird pairing her with one of the older characters.

Ricken and Panne - Panne hates humans, so I naturally had to pair her with an annoying little kid! It was a bit strange to see them get married, considering how young Ricken looks, but oh well!

Tharja and Gregor - This was an interesting combination. Gregor is such a happy guy, and Tharja's... not. Her unhealthy obsession with the avatar character makes me want to see how that would have played out!

Those are the only relationships I have thus far, but it's already one of my favourite parts of the game!

Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Oreanta wrote:

Virion and Sully - I like how their romance developed through the dialogue without compromising Sully's "masculinity".

Chrom and Sumia - She was madly in love with him! I just had to pair them up :3 I liked the recurring theme of pies.

The Avatar and Lissa

Vaike and Miriel - I thought it would be interesting to pair one of the smartest characters in the game with one of the dumbest. I laughed when Miriel mistook her feelings of love for some kind of illness.

Lon'qu and Maribelle - The character who's afraid of women with the most feminine of the group? Of course! Although when I heard about how Lon'qu and Miriel's dialogue tree played out, I kind of wished I had paired them together! (Look it up, or try it out for yourself!)

Donnel and Nowi - Nowi looks and acts so young... I would have felt kind of weird pairing her with one of the older characters.

Ricken and Panne - Panne hates humans, so I naturally had to pair her with an annoying little kid! It was a bit strange to see them get married, considering how young Ricken looks, but oh well!

Tharja and Gregor - This was an interesting combination. Gregor is such a happy guy, and Tharja's... not. Her unhealthy obsession with the avatar character makes me want to see how that would have played out!

Those are the only relationships I have thus far, but it's already one of my favourite parts of the game!

Here's mine:

Chrom & Sumia - developed later on as Sumia was hard to keep alive, didn't have a match for Chrom after the first several chapters

Gregor & Nowi - seemed appropriate as they joined in the same chapter

Avatar & Panne - that really helped my avatar it seemed, also Panne died around chapter 21 :(.

Sully & Stahl - seemed a match made in heaven to me. A gentle knight and a tough woman

Fredrick & Maribelle - developed late to give Fredrick a spouse

Henry & Lissa - stopped using Lissa after a while since she was a common target to get killed, but once promoted, made perfect sense to match with Henry.

Lon'qu & Olivia - more of a random match thinking it would help Lon'qu more.

Those were my mains through the end, I had to replace Panne with Lucina, Fredrick also started training Cherche, but he also died, in chapter 24.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Waddle Dee

3DS Friend Code:
3480-3024-5744
I can't beleave I got mine, and I got it with art book! And no I did not pre-order game stop had extra's.

I just can't beleave what this game is going for online, and it's still sold out in some locations.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:10 pm
Octorok

NNID: queenzelda
3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
I bought a copy of Fire Emblem just a few weeks ago & I've been enjoying it since I bought it. I was able to even download the free DLC for it on March 5th because after March 6th it's going to cost for the DLC. O-o;

Btw: Because I downloaded the demo of Fire Emblem and played it I received a free Fire Emblem stationary. But if you purchase the hard copy (cartridge) you don't get the stationary other wise. Odd huh? :p XD

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4553-9962-6820
Gamer Greg wrote:

Here's mine:

Chrom & Sumia - developed later on as Sumia was hard to keep alive, didn't have a match for Chrom after the first several chapters

Gregor & Nowi - seemed appropriate as they joined in the same chapter

Avatar & Panne - that really helped my avatar it seemed, also Panne died around chapter 21 :(.

Sully & Stahl - seemed a match made in heaven to me. A gentle knight and a tough woman

Fredrick & Maribelle - developed late to give Fredrick a spouse

Henry & Lissa - stopped using Lissa after a while since she was a common target to get killed, but once promoted, made perfect sense to match with Henry.

Lon'qu & Olivia - more of a random match thinking it would help Lon'qu more.

Those were my mains through the end, I had to replace Panne with Lucina, Fredrick also started training Cherche, but he also died, in chapter 24.

That's exactly why I decided to play on Casual (but still on Hard, so I didn't feel as guilty)! I wanted to experience all the relationships, and I knew that I would be resetting the game whenever a character died anyways. The only difference is that it's easier to train my characters against Risen on the world map, because I don't need to keep them all alive. I still try to do so in the main missions, though.

Nintendo put up that poll to see what characters are everyone's favourites. Which characters do you all like the most?

I'm a huge fan of Gregor. He's "no run-of Miller guy", after all. I love his personality and broken English!

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Oreanta wrote:

That's exactly why I decided to play on Casual (but still on Hard, so I didn't feel as guilty)! I wanted to experience all the relationships, and I knew that I would be resetting the game whenever a character died anyways. The only difference is that it's easier to train my characters against Risen on the world map, because I don't need to keep them all alive. I still try to do so in the main missions, though.

Nintendo put up that poll to see what characters are everyone's favourites. Which characters do you all like the most?

I'm a huge fan of Gregor. He's "no run-of Miller guy", after all. I love his personality and broken English!

I'm a fan of challenge and wanted my decisions to count. I lost lots of the early characters due to my inexperience, but by chapter 8 or so, everyone was staying alive that was left. I may try hard at some point, but I felt normal was quite hard already.

I voted for Nowi, I love dragons, and a character that can morph into one definitely makes it cool. She was maxed out on my game, and married Gregor. I upgraded Gregor to a Bow Knight, so them traveling together with range attacks were quite a good pair.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4553-9962-6820
I JUST beat the game! Between my father and I, we've accumulated 68 hours... at least 60 of those are mine, though. Someday I'll go back and finish all the paralogues and extra missions, but I really need to take a break for now!

I had a friend who told me the ending (don't worry, no spoilers) was depressing, but I didn't find it was! Kind of sent a chill down my spine, and I quite enjoyed it. No idea why he thought it was depressing.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Oreanta wrote:
I had a friend who told me the ending (don't worry, no spoilers) was depressing, but I didn't find it was! Kind of sent a chill down my spine, and I quite enjoyed it. No idea why he thought it was depressing.

I didn't find it depressing, maybe it was depressing that he finished the game? I thought the ending was very interesting, and I know what you mean by a break. When you get to like chapter 20, you just want to finish the game and stop with the monsters and paralogues.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4553-9962-6820
Ending spoilers/iimpressions:

I really enjoyed the little blurbs about the characters during the credits. Being able to read all about what the characters do alone and/or with their spouses after the events of the game is so appealing to me. It makes me want to go and play the whole thing again... just looking up the different text variations simply wouldn't have had the same emotional appeal in my eyes.

When the same video scene that plays at the beginning of the game plays at the end, I was quite confused, but seeing the avatar's hand without the crest on it sent a shiver down my spine!

Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

Nerco-post.

My matchings

Lucina is one of the best units of the game, along with the Avatar. Morgan benefits greatly.

Chrom/Olivia

I really think that Sumia is worse then people think.

I had more, but these mattered most.

When killing/murdering/pushing-over Grima with Lucina, you would understand

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]