It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Wii Will Not Start 
Wario

Post Re: Wii Will Not Start
fixing the wii is a good enough potential reason?

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:07 am
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
mazer wrote:

don't know if it WILL fix it. and if it doesn't, then I have a Wii Nintendo won't fix since it's hacked.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Wario

hattrick wrote:
mazer wrote:

don't know if it WILL fix it. and if it doesn't, then I have a Wii Nintendo won't fix since it's hacked.

I've sent mine in after deleting the homebrew, and they didn't say anything.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:28 am
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
mazer wrote:
hattrick wrote:
mazer wrote:

I've sent mine in after deleting the homebrew, and they didn't say anything.

Well, I still don't feel like doing it, but we'll see...

Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Wario

All you have to do is reinstall the original Firmware which is incredibly easy, a press of a button is all :D
Then you are back to a stock wii :]

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:43 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
mazer wrote:
All you have to do is reinstall the original Firmware which is incredibly easy, a press of a button is all :D
Then you are back to a stock wii :]

But none of my saves that won't save to an SD card.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Finally got to a place today where I had to call Nintendo Support. I couldn't download a couple WiiWare titles (review copies) because of my Mii Channel error message (memory corrupt). The guy told me to go ahead with the Mii Channel format and that should fix my standby issue too. Long story short, it didn't really fix any of the problems, and I still kinda have the Mii Channel issue, lost all my Miis, and I've not had a chance to try the standy thing yet. However, I was finally able to download at least one of the WiiWare games. lol I called again, but I was on hold way too long and had to go. I'll try again later.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Why wont you just send it it? ITs been months with this issue it seems.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

They didn't give me that option. I was actually just hoping they would say, "Send it to us," but they didn't. They've just been trying to help me without having to go through the issues of sending it in and charging me $70.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

hattrick wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

They didn't give me that option. I was actually just hoping they would say, "Send it to us," but they didn't. They've just been trying to help me without having to go through the issues of sending it in and charging me $70.

Youre out of your warranty period?!

Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:52 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
hattrick wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

Youre out of your warranty period?!

Ummm...yeah, by quite a bit. I got mine on launch-day.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Wario

Just ask them if you can send it in to them without bul****ing around. It should be a pretty simple process :]

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:32 am
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
mazer wrote:
Just ask them if you can send it in to them without bul****ing around. It should be a pretty simple process :]

I need to hold onto it for a bit more, cause I've got some games to review. But hopefully soon, I'll have some time to let it go for a bit.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Sorry to revive a thread that has not had any activity in some time, but has this issue been resolved yet Hattrick?

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:48 am
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
JHardin1112 wrote:
Sorry to revive a thread that has not had any activity in some time, but has this issue been resolved yet Hattrick?

Well, I never got my Miis back, as I lost them in the Mii Channel format...that was pointless, because I still randomly get that error every once in a while. I still cannot leave my Wii in standby more than 20-30 minutes, or the picture/sound will not come on. The weird thing is that the TV acts like the signal has changed. It goes from having the blue no signal screen to black...but the Wii never shows up. So, I just keep it turned off until I play. It's annoying, but it works and has prevented me from sending it in (paying money and having time w/o it).

Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Well I have had some problems with the WiiConnect24 and leaving my Wii in standby for a couple of years now. I don't know how accurate this is, but I read that leaving your Wii in standby with the WiiConnect24 on causes the GPU to overheat and can damage it some extent. I now have some minor black pixelation happening in certain games or on certain screens. It is not enough to warrant sending it in for repair but it is a minor annoyance regardless. Do you have this issue? I noticed it while playing Metroid Prime 3: Corruption during the cutscenes in the Cloud City(?) level whenever I called my ship to my location and the cutscene would play the pixelation would occur.

On a side note I noticed the discussion of hacking your Wii was brought up. I can understand your hesitation and from what I have read up on the subject, even if you removed the Homebrew from your Wii, Nintendo is able to run a disc which checks for the certain software modifications made to your system, which if found they will not repair your console. You had made mention of certain save files and how you can't copy them to your sd card. I speak from experience and can say there is a homebrew application which manages all your save files and allows you to copy ALL of them over to your sd card and copy them back over to your Wii. I said I speak from experience but I want to stress that I am not a 'pirate' nor do I advocate illegally downloading/stealing games of any kind whatsoever - just in case anyone reading this reply may make an assumption otherwise. Hattrick, if you are interested to learn more about this PM me. If not that's fine because from what I read of your earlier post I understand and respect your position.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:11 am
5000+ Club

JHardin1112 wrote:
Well I have had some problems with the WiiConnect24 and leaving my Wii in standby for a couple of years now. I don't know how accurate this is, but I read that leaving your Wii in standby with the WiiConnect24 on causes the GPU to overheat and can damage it some extent. I now have some minor black pixelation happening in certain games or on certain screens. It is not enough to warrant sending it in for repair but it is a minor annoyance regardless. Do you have this issue? I noticed it while playing Metroid Prime 3: Corruption during the cutscenes in the Cloud City(?) level whenever I called my ship to my location and the cutscene would play the pixelation would occur.

My Wii suffered from that issue within the warranty period of when I bought it. I think I leave my Wii off most of the time so that it doesnt happen again. Nintendo termed the issue as a broken motherboard and fixed it (all my saves and vc games stayed on the wii for I was glad). But that pixelation was annoying, there are videos of it on the youtube of others with it, artifacting I think.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Yeah my 'pixelation' has never been that bad, never as bad as any of the videos I've seen on Youtube but it is noticeable only in a handful of situations though.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:43 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
I've never had the pixilation problems...just the screen/sound not working after standby...and then the Mii Channel data (still upset I lost all my Miis.....).

Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
So, it is happening again... Which means if I can't get it to turn on, I will not be able to update it and transfer my data to my Wii U.

Grrrrrr!

Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

3DS Friend Code:
4038-6055-7746
hattrick wrote:
So, it is happening again... Which means if I can't get it to turn on, I will not be able to update it and transfer my data to my Wii U.

Grrrrrr!

Wow, and the day before Wii U is out too. What bad timing. :/

Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:34 am
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Got it working!! Not shutting it off until I'm done with the transfer, just in case!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Fire Flower

Location: England, UK, Europe, Earth. Or something like that.
3DS Friend Code:
4828-3678-4834
hattrick wrote:
So, after doing a bit of testing, it seems like it gets overheated when I leave it on standby/WiiConnect24. If I turn it all the way off between uses, it fires up w/ no problems the next time. But if left on standby for more than an hour or so, it will only display a black screen w/o sound when turned on. And before everyone suggests putting it in a well-ventilated area, it is sitting beside my TV on top of the TV-stand, beside a window...plenty of air/ventilation.

I've never put my Wii on STBY, so I wouldn't know. However, I do reccommend that you speak to Nintendo if it happens again, even if you can solve the problem yourself.

EDIT: Sorry, I din't read the rest of the posts, I think you should tell Nintendo about it. Unless, of course, you've already got the Wii U and transferred, in which there is no point.

Hidden (Non-Spoiler): show

My vid of the month!

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:28 am
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
XavXD wrote:
hattrick wrote:
So, after doing a bit of testing, it seems like it gets overheated when I leave it on standby/WiiConnect24. If I turn it all the way off between uses, it fires up w/ no problems the next time. But if left on standby for more than an hour or so, it will only display a black screen w/o sound when turned on. And before everyone suggests putting it in a well-ventilated area, it is sitting beside my TV on top of the TV-stand, beside a window...plenty of air/ventilation.

I've never put my Wii on STBY, so I wouldn't know. However, I do reccommend that you speak to Nintendo if it happens again, even if you can solve the problem yourself.

EDIT: Sorry, I din't read the rest of the posts, I think you should tell Nintendo about it. Unless, of course, you've already got the Wii U and transferred, in which there is no point.

His post above yours says he transferred it to Wii U. I also did mine since I wasn't sure how the disc drive would turn out. I'm only keeping mine around for the Gamecube support right now. All my Wii stuff is transferred to the U, and I don't own a GameCube anymore but kept my games and controllers.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2