It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Your favorite controllers 
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Your favorite controllers
Figured to try to create some discussion. Well how about a ranking of video game controllers? What is your favorite? Why? Least favorite? This is not intended to include handhelds (Vita, 3DS, etc).

1. Wii U - very comfortable to hold, button scheme is perfect and everything fits and is very functional.
2. SNES - also very comfortable and at the time the button layout seemed ideal with it leading to many other controllers.
3. Wii - when not used for motion games, it is ideal when combining with the nunchuck. The layout between the 2 halves lead to some very solid controls
4. NES - very solid, very simple, just a little too rectangular making the corners dig in after long sessions.
5. GameCube - interesting button layout, not very good shoulder buttons (L & R & Z), but the grooves for the joystick and C stick were pretty solid. D-pad was too small.
6. PS2 - pretty solid standard controller very comfortable to hold, just missing grooves for both joysticks.
7. N64 - pretty weird design having to hold it 2 different ways, other than that it was nice to have arcade style buttons with 6 on the main side.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:59 am
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Your favorite controllers
1. GameCube - So comfy to hold. Button layout was great, and I loved the analog shoulder buttons!
2. Wii U Pro Controller - Like the GamePad in so many ways, except it is smaller and lighter.
3. Wii U GamePad - Comfy and somewhat lightweight, but also a bit bulky for using all the time.
4. Wii Remote - So simple and easy. With the Nunchuck, it was very comfortable to allow your hands to come apart. I just didn't like the placement of the A and B buttons when holding it sideways.
5. Wii Classic Controller Pro - Everything great about the GameCube controller except missing rumble.
6. PS3 DualShock 3 - A great controller, very comfy, and pretty good battery life.
7. SNES - Classic and very comfy, but not a huge fan of only control-pad movement for all games.
8. NES version 2 - The original dug into your hands, but the remake was rounded and comfy.
9. N64 - Odd design, but worked great. I just never found myself using the left handle, though.
10. XBox 360 - I've never really been a fan of the XB controllers, expecially the original one, but the 360 one is pretty good, but don't like the analog stick/button layout.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

Post Re: Your favorite controllers
Gamecube - Comfortable and practical.
360 - See above
SNES - Comfortable (for it's time), and button layout was very good.
PS3 - Mostly comfort, I'm not big on the actual controller or button layout.
Bunch of other ones - etc
Wii - Well designed, piss-poor function.

I haven't tried or so much as looked at a Wii U's controller.

Bobius,Thu, 10 Jan 2008, 21:29 wrote:
I shall assume Mike is right as he is Mike.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:32 pm
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
I can't really say I have a favorite controller necessarily... for me, it depends on the type of game. For example, games like Smash Bros I like the GameCube controller. Wii controller is great for FPS games and things like Red Steel 2. Each controller has its types of games that I like using them for. All of them have been quite comfortable to use, Nintendo has always made comfortable controllers IMO. Well, the N64 one was weird. But that was the first controller I used growing up, so I just got used to that. But everything after that has been great for me, just depends on the game IMO.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

The GCN controller is the essence of the human spirit molded into plastic. I love it.
The classic controller pro is pretty slick I don't mind playing FPS and RPGs with it.
The Wii remote is alright but I found that I used it on it's side more that pointing at the screen with games like Brawl and Other M. (I also really enjoyed the whole Nunchuk attachment and its use in a lot of games. Can't say that for the other peripherals. I'm looking at you Wii wheel.)
The 360 controller is the only controller that is non Nintendo that I really enjoy. I never liked the feel of the Playstation controller, I always felt like the wings were too small for my hands.
So far I haven't played much with my Wii U Gamepad but from the few times I've played Nintendoland it has some really cool functions. Here's to hoping it doesn't become gimmicky and annoying.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:10 am
Mr. Game & Watch

I just love the Playstation controller, because that's what I've pretty much always used.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:00 pm
Wrist Strap

Bravo, this magnificent idea is necessary just by the way

Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:49 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Dualshock 3 controller even though I don't approve of the L2/R2 shoulders. I wish they kept the shoulders from the PS2 intact. That thing was perfect. And then they made it even more perfect with the dualshock 3, but again, they took a step back with the shoulder buttons. Reason I like the dual shock 2 and up controllers is because of the pressure sensitive buttons. Games like Gran Turismo and MGS used the pressure buttons in them. I never hear anybody talk about the pressure buttons, they really make a difference in the feel of the buttons.

Not only that, but I've have to say the dualshock analog sticks are the best configuration by far for me. They give you so much precision. The xbox's are too stretched apart. The wii U controller feels good but the buttons feel real cheap and plasticy. And my L1/R1 buttons stick sometimes on the Wii U. The L2/R2 buttons are freakin COMFORTABLE though!

One more thing that would make the Dualshock almost perfect is the sticks should have a more stickier rubber covering them.

Some sticks that feel really weird are the PSVita's. They feel WAY too small and they feel sturdy at first but after a while they feel like their going to break.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]