It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
COMPLETE 
Pokémon Master

Post COMPLETE
You just beat a game, now talk about it! What was your favorite part? Is it worth playing? Share all the details, but be sure to use the spoiler tag when necessary!

Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:43 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Pokémon Master

Post Re: COMPLETE
To start off my own thread, I just beat Mega Man X: Maverick Hunter on PSP, which is a remake of the original Mega Man X. It was really fun, and actually not too difficult (unlike Mega Man: Powered Up!, which I got with it in a UMD Dual Pack). It only took me a few days to beat (not sure of the exact time), and I'm really happy to have completed it. I'm considering playing through it again on hard, but I probably will just move on to another game.

I'd recommend the game, if you have a PSP and can find it at a decent price (I got the Dual Pack with Powered Up! for $15 ($7 per game)). Overall, a fun game that seemed rather mild for a Mega Man title (though, it's my first foray into the X series (aside from the X Zero GBA games), so they might be easier and I just don't know it).

Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:01 pm
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

Skyrim
I came to an interesting conclusion upon completion; Skyrim did a lot to fix the many issues fans had with Oblivion, but it seemingly dropped the ball on most things Oblivion did correctly. Factions in particular. I think they missed the point of adding more factions considering each one seems unfinished and each conclusion being borderline irrelavent to the gameworld itself. Still, my gripes are likely more fanbased than unbiased on the one game itself. I'd highly recommend it to anyone, but I was hoping Skyrim might take Morrowind's gleaming crown as the top Elder Scrolls title.

Skyward Sword
While the Motion Controls are easily my biggest issue with this title, I'm really bothered by the fact that this game adds absolutely nothing to the Zelda franchise. No real item innovations or anything else that grasped. Boss fights were fantastically done, however and I did appreciate more backstory on Hyrule's history as a whole.

Arkham City
I loved this game's story and particularly how it ends; but overall I felt Arkham Asylum was the better of the two. Everything felt perfectly spaced out in Asylum whereas City felt borderline cluttered. The multitude of characters was great, but likewise felt cluttered. The Penguin in particular had entirely too much gametime.

Bobius,Thu, 10 Jan 2008, 21:29 wrote:
I shall assume Mike is right as he is Mike.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:18 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Nano Assault on the 3DS - Great graphics, 3D effect looks very nice and the game was just fun overall. Plus, there are multiple modes to play and you can purchase songs to listen to using in game coins you earn from Boss Rush and Arcade mode. Oh, you can also use your Play Coins and convert them into Nano Coins for use in the Nano Assault store.

I just posted my review on the main page - http://www.wiinintendo.net/2012/01/13/review-nano-assault/

Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:37 am
Pokémon Master

Just finished Where Is My Heart? on PSP/PS3. It was a fun game, despite being rather short. I think I got around 3 hours of play out of it, which, at $7 is not too much, but I'll probably replay it to get a higher score. The scoring is based on hearts you collect in the game, which add up to a max total of around 180. You lose hearts every time you die, so it should be a fun challenge to try and beat it without dying. I recommend the game to anyone with a PSP or PS3 (it plays on both), not only for the great puzzle platforming it provides, but also for the art style, which is beautifully pixelated.

VIDEO:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:17 pm
5000+ Club

Sonic Generations ~8hrs

Seems the final bosses in Sonic games are getting shorter and shorter (8 minutes for Colors, like 4 minutes for this one). Anyway fun game, highlight had to be the music truth be told. Chemical Plant Zone, Rooftop Run, Speed Highway, City Escape, the ruined city or something, were all highlights for me. And oddly they were my favorite levels too. Minigames to get some music and extras were decent to some being downright annoying, and difficulty for rival races was all over the place. Fun game, not the best Sonic, but one to play.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
First game beat in 2012:

Pushmo

I absolutely loved this game, it was very fun! Any puzzle enthusiast would love it.

Minor:
Spoiler: show
Yay for interactive credits! What I'm not done?!!

More major (after ending)
So after 198 levels, another 54 'bonus' levels appear. Ugh... so I guess this game isn't "complete" :(

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Another eShop game complete, this one is 100% though:

Mutant Mudds! Its hard to decide if I liked this one better than Pushmo.

Got 40/40 sprites, and 2000 diamonds.

Activity log says:

7 hours, 55 minutes, times played 11, average play time 43 minutes, first played 2/28/2012 - last played 3/7/2012

Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Finished Tales of the Abyss at 6:40Am this morning after a full 20 hour gameplay session Sunday. Wanted to beat it by this evening so ended up just not going to bed until finishing, needless to say that ended up taking nearly 7 hours but I finished it. 73 hours of playtime total, or 40 such hours in one week for this marathon. Pretty good game and kind of easy final boss, only took one attempt to retry.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

I purchased and completed Journey the other day. It's a fantastic experience, despite only being a few hours long. Visually, the game is beautiful, displaying the best sand I've ever seen in a game. I'm not sure whether or not I can count this on my list of games I've completed. Perhaps if I combine this and Where Is My Heart, I can count the two as a full completion. Either way, Journey is a fantastic experience that I'd highly recommend. However, the price point may be a bit high ($15) for a game that can be finished in a single sitting.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:08 am
Wrist Strap

One does not simply..."beat" skyrim.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:29 pm
Pokémon Master

Post COMPLETE
Potatoman the Second wrote:
One does not simply..."beat" skyrim.

Pretty sure there's a finite number of quests in that game, so you can beat it.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:37 pm
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

Finished Mass Effect 3.

Totally called the horrendous ending.

Bobius,Thu, 10 Jan 2008, 21:29 wrote:
I shall assume Mike is right as he is Mike.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:12 pm
Pikmin Chucker

Finally got around to finishing Zelda 2...Thunderbird is a crafty so and so...

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:59 pm
Pokémon Master

So, I finished my first run through Catherine today. I had a really fun time with the game, and am excited to play it a second time on normal difficulty. I did my first run on easy, because I heard the game is relentless. I'm glad I started on easy, though, because it let me get the hang of how to play, and let me get one ending without too much trouble. I think I'll play through once more, get another ending, then watch the other six on YouTube.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:48 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
I just beat Spirit Camera. Took about 8-10 hours, pretty disappointed that it was so short for being a full priced 3DS game.

The spirit battles were fun, the story mode was intriguing, but short. I'll have my official review posted this week.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

Post COMPLETE
Have you ever played Fatal Frame 1 or 2? If so, how did it compare?

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:32 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
SirVenom wrote:
Have you ever played Fatal Frame 1 or 2? If so, how did it compare?

Nope never played either of those.

The game seemed interesting based on the previews and stuff I saw on Nintendo.com.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

schmete wrote:
So, I finished my first run through Catherine today. I had a really fun time with the game, and am excited to play it a second time on normal difficulty. I did my first run on easy, because I heard the game is relentless. I'm glad I started on easy, though, because it let me get the hang of how to play, and let me get one ending without too much trouble. I think I'll play through once more, get another ending, then watch the other six on YouTube.

I felt like the game would never end getting the true ending, Katherine, only one I wanted. Though it was worth it.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Post COMPLETE
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
schmete wrote:

I felt like the game would never end getting the true ending, Katherine, only one I wanted. Though it was worth it.

Is getting the true ending a longer task? Isn't it just reliant on the choices you make? I liked my ending. Did the full chaotic ending and
married Catherine.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:49 am
5000+ Club

schmete wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
schmete wrote:

Is getting the true ending a longer task? Isn't it just reliant on the choices you make? I liked my ending. Did the full chaotic ending and
married Catherine.

I just thought it seemed like you get to the "final boss" then they take on all the extra to get you to go through more puzzles to get to the actual marriage ending

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

FINALLY (about to finish) Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D. I haven't had much gaming time lately...
I don't know why I never played MGS3 before, loved it.

Finished this just in time for Resistance Burning Skies, which launches on Tuesday. Other than that I'm still playing Diablo 3 on my Mac, and occasionally FIFA and WipEout on my Vita. And in unrelated news, I want to finish 4 books this summer. Need to finish reading the second half of The Orphan Master's Son, want to read 11/23/63, AMPED, and want to re-read Ape Lincoln Vampire Hunter before I see the movie.

But now I really need to study. Two finals this week, then I'm off to Budapest!

Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 pm
5000+ Club

Finished Mass Effect 3 on my first playthrough at 90 hours. I hate that it was largely a pretty glitchy and visually unappealing experience on the PS3. The most major issue was that the doors would take minutes to open. In fact one door cause the PS3 to lock up and make me have to do a system hard disk check. Visuals were all over the place with lots of stuff popping up in the scenary, many cutscenes becoming really pixelated, everything was so jagged edge at times, and there were consistent moments where when youre walking it will just pause then resume.

I guess it was a decent conclusion to Shepards triology. I liked my ending. I hated how the ending was so long and was basically a long powerpoint slideshow.
But at least Joker and EDI and poor Traynor.
I didnt like the final bout too much of a shooter, I want RPG, I hope next Mass Effect is a turn based space rpg.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

Finally got around to finishing Escape Plan, now onwards to the DLC!

SOUND SHAPES COMES OUT TOMORROW.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:40 pm
Pokémon Master

I beat Malicious on PS3. It was pretty fun, but it certainly had it's problems. I would have to say it falls in the +/- category of my own personal review system (- = Not recommended, +/- = Take it or leave it, + = Recommended). It's a super cool concept, but it isn't executed as well as it could be, which is a shame.

Also, this brings me to my third game completion of the year, which was my new year's resolution for this year - to beat three games. I'm pretty happy that I actually fulfilled it, because I have a tendency to not beat games that I buy.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next