Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Playstation All-Stars 
Mr. Game & Watch

Post Re: Playstation All-Stars
hattrick wrote:
Jack wrote:
hattrick wrote:
Ok... Here we go...

Fair enough, but that still doesn't matter if the gameplay is open enough for anyone to get involved, since I end up playing with people who aren't gamers anyway and lack any nostalgia for any character.

True. And from what I've heard, that's not the case...yet. But things could change before release.

Ya, I'm still a little worried.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:50 am
Pokémon Master

From what I've heard and read, people are skeptical until they play it. The more coverage I consume, the more it seems people are warming up to the game. I think people were just so used to the mechanics of SSB that, when they first played PSAS, they were thrown off by the drastically different mechanics.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:18 pm
Mr. Game & Watch

schmete wrote:
From what I've heard and read, people are skeptical until they play it. The more coverage I consume, the more it seems people are warming up to the game. I think people were just so used to the mechanics of SSB that, when they first played PSAS, they were thrown off by the drastically different mechanics.

That could be true.

Can I please have my beta invite now? Haha...

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:31 pm
Lakitu

NNID: noahdp
I really hope this game is rated T or under if it is I will get it on the Ps Vita.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:22 am
Mr. Game & Watch

noahdp wrote:
I really hope this game is rated T or under if it is I will get it on the Ps Vita.

I can guarantee that. There's no way it'll be over T.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:54 am
Lakitu

NNID: noahdp
Jack wrote:
noahdp wrote:

The only reason I think it might be M would be for language if there is any in the game. Hopefully there isn't any.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:31 am
Pokémon Master

noahdp wrote:
Jack wrote:
noahdp wrote:

The only reason I think it might be M would be for language if there is any in the game. Hopefully there isn't any.

Doubt it. They'll shoot to make the game as inclusive as possible. The won't be putting any bad language in.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:32 am
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Played the public beta. Wow, that was confusing and dumb. Sorry... But it was. Felt like the first time I played the original Smash Bros.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

hattrick wrote:
Played the public beta. Wow, that was confusing and dumb. Sorry... But it was. Felt like the first time I played the original Smash Bros.

Seriously? What was so "confusing and dumb"? Give it some more time, I've had some intense 2v2 matches with my friends. The main difference is that you can only get kills using Supers. Other than that, I think the controls are pretty easy and the gameplay is smooth. Very Smash like, which isn't a bad thing.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:00 am
5000+ Club

No one else played it? Deeper impressions please?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Post Playstation All-Stars
hattrick wrote:

What was so hard to understand? As Jack said, the controls make plenty of sense, and it plays fine. Sure, It takes some time to learn each character's moves, yes, but once you get that, it's fine. And it's not like that's any different than any other brand new game. You probably were expecting SSB and didn't get that, so you were confused.

This game is not SSB. PSAS is similar, but not the same. If you don't take the time to learn how the game works (there is a simple tutorial that explains it plenty well), then that is your fault, and your opinion isn't really valid.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:26 pm
Mr. Game & Watch

schmete wrote:
This game is not SSB. PSAS is similar, but not the same. If you don't take the time to learn how the game works (there is a simple tutorial that explains it plenty well), then that is your fault, and your opinion isn't really valid.

+

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:57 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Well, I will say that I have MUCH more experience with Smash Bros. So, I cannot get away from that influencing my opinions, as much as I may try. Also, I did not go through the tutorial or anything like that. I just jumped in and started playing. That being said, it was hard to figure out what the moves were. Sometimes, they didn't even seem consistent. On the other hand, many of the moves didn't really seem to do much. Also, it was really tough to see if I was dealing damage or not. Often, it looked like players were just jumping around and occasionally would disappear and come back. There was no indication of what was going on overall, at least at first glance.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

hattrick wrote:
Well, I will say that I have MUCH more experience with Smash Bros. So, I cannot get away from that influencing my opinions, as much as I may try. Also, I did not go through the tutorial or anything like that. I just jumped in and started playing. That being said, it was hard to figure out what the moves were. Sometimes, they didn't even seem consistent. On the other hand, many of the moves didn't really seem to do much. Also, it was really tough to see if I was dealing damage or not. Often, it looked like players were just jumping around and occasionally would disappear and come back. There was no indication of what was going on overall, at least at first glance.

Give it some more time. Smash is equally confusing to someone who has never seen it.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:15 pm
Pokémon Master

Released today? Anyone buying? I have to have my brother buy it digitally on my account with his PS3. I'm in Texas at my girlfriend's parents' place, so I don't have access to my PS3, but I want to buy the game so I can play on my Vita this week. BUT I want the digital version on PS3, so I'm having him buy it with my account so I can download the Vita version with Cross Buy.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:57 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Played beta a few more times, but never really got into it, so I won't be buying it. Probably going to end up selling my PS3 anyway.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

hattrick wrote:
Played beta a few more times, but never really got into it, so I won't be buying it. Probably going to end up selling my PS3 anyway.

That's too bad. I didn't care much for the beta either, but I went ahead and picked it up anyways. I am actually surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. There's a ton of content to unlock, and heaps of challenges for each character. I don't have my online pass yet, but I'll have to get it from my brother soon and try online.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:18 pm
Space Pirate

3DS Friend Code:
0619-3199-4715
I haven't played it yet but it looks promising, but in my opinion smash bros will always win

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3