Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Assassin's Creed 3 
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: Assassin's Creed 3?
schmete wrote:
Will this game even be relevant when the WiiU comes out? I don't remember the U's release date.

Wasn't announced yet, for all we know it could be a launch title, or a launch window title, or even a post launch title. Either that or perhaps the Wii U version could be out later (like if the Wii U comes out after the game).

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
schmete wrote:
Will this game even be relevant when the WiiU comes out? I don't remember the U's release date.

Wii U is coming out this year, before Christmas. So yes, this game will still be very relevant... at the very most, even if Wii U released like mid-December, that's only 1.5 months after it releases on other systems, not a very large gap. But it is much more reasonable to think that Wii U will release in the September-November time frame, so this game could very well be a launch title for the system around its release.

As for the news itself, it's great news! Expected, but still great. I shall FINALLY be able to own a true Assassin's Creed game! The DS/PSP/iOS ones don't count, they all are atrocious... well, one of the DS ones was mildly decent, but nothing at all like a console AC game so it doesn't count. Hopefully they end up porting the earlier games to Wii U at some point, I'd like to own AC 1 and 2 even though I've played them, and I'd like to play Brotherhood and Revelations as well.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Ah, well, good for the WiiU! It would be cool if they added a little bonus content for the WiiU version, like Rockstar did with Bully when it was ported to Wii.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:44 am
5000+ Club

The speculated control inputs for the Wii U for the game dont really sound all that convenient. Unless they improved the fps of the map, then I could care less if it is always present on the tablet controller. Eagle visions is quite clunky and I hardly ever used it, so having it tied to the tabler controller again is just not convenient.

How would 4 player co-op work with the one using the tablet controller, awkward to imagine people playing AC3 with wiimotes.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Quote:
We don’t have to guess – we already know. The touch screen will be used for the game’s ‘Eagle Vision’ and will also display a persistent map. Fast-switching weapons will also be handled with the touch screen and there will be an interactive database to browse through. Finally, some puzzles will be implemented, which you’ll have to solve using the touch screen.

If that little teaser gets your blood pumping then you’ll want to check out issue 74 of Nintendo Gamer magazine, which has an exclusive first-look at Assassin’s Creed III Wii U. We’re the only Nintendo magazine in the world to see the game, so you won’t be able to read about it anywhere else. The magazine is on sale 23 March but we’ll have a reminder nearer the time so don’t worry about whipping out your diary to mark that date.

Source: http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/03/0 ... u-trailer/

Sounds great! Looking around using the gyroscope on the Wii U controller for Eagle Vision will be pretty cool. It'll also be nice to quickly switch weapons and things using the touch screen. And the puzzles should be interesting as well. So far, sounds like what I was expecting and it sounds great. Looking forward to more info later this month!

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

DarkWish wrote:
Quote:
We don’t have to guess – we already know. The touch screen will be used for the game’s ‘Eagle Vision’ and will also display a persistent map. Fast-switching weapons will also be handled with the touch screen and there will be an interactive database to browse through. Finally, some puzzles will be implemented, which you’ll have to solve using the touch screen.

If that little teaser gets your blood pumping then you’ll want to check out issue 74 of Nintendo Gamer magazine, which has an exclusive first-look at Assassin’s Creed III Wii U. We’re the only Nintendo magazine in the world to see the game, so you won’t be able to read about it anywhere else. The magazine is on sale 23 March but we’ll have a reminder nearer the time so don’t worry about whipping out your diary to mark that date.

Source: http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/03/0 ... u-trailer/

Sounds great! Looking around using the gyroscope on the Wii U controller for Eagle Vision will be pretty cool. It'll also be nice to quickly switch weapons and things using the touch screen. And the puzzles should be interesting as well. So far, sounds like what I was expecting and it sounds great. Looking forward to more info later this month!

What a terrible website:

"A glimpse of how Assassin’s Creed III Wii U is going to look and play, which is very nicely indeed."

It's not even a gameplay trailer.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:57 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Jack wrote:
What a terrible website:

"A glimpse of how Assassin’s Creed III Wii U is going to look and play, which is very nicely indeed."

It's not even a gameplay trailer.

Yes, it was a pre-rendered trailer, but it was still done in-engine with game assets. So it at least shows what the new game engine can do, even if it may not be completely indicative of the final product in-game. And also, Nintendo Gamer (formerly NGamer) have details on the Wii U version, so there is always the chance they have seen Wii U footage or something. So while the comment doesn't make complete sense in that context, I wouldn't completely discount it either.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:08 am
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Has anyone gotten either of the two Assassin's Creed III games?

I picked up Liberation for the Vita. Its so odd getting used to playing as a fem!Assassin, otherwise I like how it is an actually decent Assassin's Creed portable experience thus far 20 minutes in. Will hopefully play more soon.

I miss ancient times though.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Waddle Dee

3DS Friend Code:
becuse that is most likely to be a desert i hope there is camals to ride

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:18 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokémon Master

Post Assassin's Creed 3?
minecrafter47 wrote:

WTF are you talking about?

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:46 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
schmete wrote:
minecrafter47 wrote:

WTF are you talking about?

What the heck indeed.

Anyways, the hammer is being prepared for this one.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:37 pm
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
I have it reserved, havent played it yet obviously. Should be able to pick up next week!

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Gamer Greg wrote:
I have it reserved, havent played it yet obviously. Should be able to pick up next week!

I am interested in this one. My brother got it on Xbox 360 and he said he's played for about 8 hours and has barely scratched the surface. I think it looks like a good game, but I wonder how long it will take to complete the main story. Perhaps a good 20-30 hours, if you stay away from sidequests.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:21 pm
Pokémon Master

I hear the pacing is pretty bad near the beginning. Also, there are lots of technical flaws with the game. When you choose a new color for your assassin's robes, they automatically revert back to white during cut scenes. Not a big deal, but the dev team straight up said that they coded the game to where it was impossible to have it use your new color. Also, there are typos in mission text, collision issues, etc. The level of polish is way off for such a big name, and I can't help but wonder where else they chose to cut corners. I'll be passing on this one, unfortunately.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:58 pm
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Watched GT's review. Seems like a solid game with lots of content. I'm definitely interested, but might want to try a demo/rental first.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Picked up my Wii U version pre-order today! Can't wait to play it Sunday.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

schmete wrote:
I hear the pacing is pretty bad near the beginning. Also, there are lots of technical flaws with the game. When you choose a new color for your assassin's robes, they automatically revert back to white during cut scenes. Not a big deal, but the dev team straight up said that they coded the game to where it was impossible to have it use your new color. Also, there are typos in mission text, collision issues, etc. The level of polish is way off for such a big name, and I can't help but wonder where else they chose to cut corners. I'll be passing on this one, unfortunately.

Ill be getting it, I guess next month at this rate (had to get shoes instead of this...)...but I guess waiting will have the advantage that they would have hopefully pushed an update to fix this stuff.

I guess it will be my game to beat over winter. Surprisingly Ive not heard much on the game, I guess I had a media blackout on it after just seeing the initial trailer and whatever was at e3 and thats it.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Post Re: Assassin's Creed 3
Woot surprised myself and scored the game on Friday thanks to AMZN black friday thing, it was down to like $34.99 and I got the guide too. Hope its as good as Brotherhood.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Got it for Christmas. Haven't played yet. Hope to soon.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
hattrick wrote:
Got it for Christmas. Haven't played yet. Hope to soon.

We should definitely play multiplayer sometime. I still haven't tried it, been too busy with single player.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Beat the game yesterday! Well, the story that is. There's no way I'm going to 100% everything with the crazy amount of side missions and stuff there is.

I really enjoyed the game. The story was interesting and it kept me going, more so than any previous Assassin's Creed title. The gameplay was solid and a lot of fun. Yes, the game had a bunch of random weird glitches here and there... but if you've played an AC game before, you know what to expect. Nothing too crazy though. The side missions could be entertaining, for the most part. All in all, it's my favorite Wii U game and my favorite Assassin's Creed game. Played it briefly in 3D with the Inficolor 3D glasses... and while it was neat, it hurt my eyes more than it looked good. The 3D wasn't anything special. So I didn't use those much. Off-TV Play was a huge part of why I liked this game as well, played about half of the game in bed. Beat it at the 23 hour mark.

The only thing I think I like AC2 better for is the "home-building" kind of stuff. In AC2, you had your uncle's mansion I think it was, where you could upgrade the town's shops and stuff. That would give you better weapons and suits and all sorts of stuff. I liked that aspect of the game. I think AC3 had something similar with the Homestead missions, but I couldn't really figure it out. And some of the stuff I did was really confusing. It wasn't as straightforward to me, and I didn't like that part of the game. But everything else about the game I feel was an improvement over AC2... better characters, better story, better gameplay, etc.

In terms of the story (WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS):
Spoiler: show
The overall story of the AC games was always somewhat confusing to me. I got that they were trying to stop the end of the world, but when it came to the civilization that existed before humans... it just got confusing. This game helped clarify some of it, but I didn't fully grasp it all. Keep in mind I never played Brotherhood or Revelations, so that's probably part of it. But I liked how they threw in the Desmond segments throughout the game, it made his parts seem more relevant to the game rather than just being thrown in there like in previous titles. I expected Desmond to die, seemed obvious that would happen... and it did. But I was curious how they'd continue the story into possible future AC games and having Minerva set free (I think that's her name) is very intriguing. So I'm really curious as to where they go with this in the future.

So yea, all in all I really liked the game. And I'm not done yet... I have plenty more side missions to go back and play now. And if anyone understands the Homestead stuff, please let me know. I'm so confused as to where to even begin with that stuff. Haven't even tried multiplayer yet, so hopefully I can organize some games through Miiverse soon. So there is still lots more to play! If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to post them and I'll try and answer.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2