It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
The Great Restore Wiifuse Operation. 
Boo

Post The Great Restore Wiifuse Operation.
http://web.archive.org/

Try to find threads and rebuild Wiifuse's history.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:19 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Forum Administrator

Post Re: The Great Restore Wiifuse Operation.
I don't know if it is possible to find our old posts... restoring may be very difficult.

But, if anyone was interested in updating... I have had my eyes on Xenforo for a while. I have recently moved someone's large phpBB forum over to Xenforo, and it is much easier to manage, and much nicer all around. But, the license costs $140.

Is anyone game for a fundraiser?

Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:59 am
Boo

SirVenom wrote:
I don't know if it is possible to find our old posts... restoring may be very difficult.

But, if anyone was interested in updating... I have had my eyes on Xenforo for a while. I have recently moved someone's large phpBB forum over to Xenforo, and it is much easier to manage, and much nicer all around. But, the license costs $140.

Is anyone game for a fundraiser?

Right now, I am pretty greedy(lol), but we should have a official roster of active posters.

Maybe we should start with the free stuff. Are there any 'disabled' forums? I will try to post more threads and all that, but in the mean time you can go look for bottle and cans( Half-joking). But if you ever need something that doesn't require money or heavy-duty computer stuff, I could do it. If ads do the job, let there be ads.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:13 am
Boo

Can we archive inactive threads?

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:03 pm
Moblin

NNID: queenzelda
3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Ha! Good luck with that kid your going to need it.

BUT: It's not impossible to get Wiifuse more active just advertise to facebook, twitter, tumblr, google+ and any social media that exsists to get the word out that wiifuse forums exsists. It's pretty easy really as creating an ad page on facebook is fast & easy. Same with creating a twitter page.

Still yea good luck with getting wiifuse back into action! ;3

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
Ha! Good luck with that kid your going to need it.

BUT: It's not impossible to get Wiifuse more active just advertise to facebook, twitter, tumblr, google+ and any social media that exsists to get the word out that wiifuse forums exsists. It's pretty easy really as creating an ad page on facebook is fast & easy. Same with creating a twitter page.

Still yea good luck with getting wiifuse back into action! ;3

Is it bad I read the first part of that post in Han Solo's voice?

Want to help? :tongue:

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:07 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
WeeGee wrote:

Nope! XD

WeeGee wrote:

First of all; everything would have to be cleared first through SirVenom-sama this is (mostly) his forum that is being advertised and all. =p

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
WeeGee wrote:

Nope! XD

WeeGee wrote:

First of all; everything would have to be cleared first through SirVenom-sama this is (mostly) his forum that is being advertised and all. =p

Not Hey_Suburbania?

This is his website right?

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:23 pm
Forum Administrator

WeeGee wrote:

That wouldn't leave much... archive forums are messy, so I would rather hold off on anything like that.

I think I can vouch for Mickey (hey_suburbia) in saying that no one would object to the forum being advertised. The difficulty lies in convincing newcomers that we are special, and offer something that other Nintendo forums don't.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:27 pm
Boo

SirVenom wrote:
WeeGee wrote:

That wouldn't leave much... archive forums are messy, so I would rather hold off on anything like that.

I think I can vouch for Mickey (hey_suburbia) in saying that no one would object to the forum being advertised. The difficulty lies in convincing newcomers that we are special, and offer something that other Nintendo forums don't.

We are close-knit. We are also true gamers. We have a news website attached. We just need to grow a little. It's not like it takes money to join.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:31 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
SirVenom-sama wrote:
The difficulty lies in convincing newcomers that we are special, and offer something that other Nintendo forums don't.

Well of course that's easy to do! Wiifuse has it's own blog section that posts directly to the forum & I know of no other forum that does that (at the moment of posting that I can personally remember lol). Not only that but wiifuse also has the best section for playing wifi torunament games that I know of. I've been on a lot of other forums and this is the only one where the wifi gaming section is always filled with new posts & tournaments. At least from how I see it & I haven't been on here in liek a while mun. If not then maybe have more wifi tournaments to get new potential members interested? Host an Animal Crossing New Leaf event since it's the hot new wifi game (for this post lol). It's not hard to advertise how special a forum is really when you think about it. :3

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
SirVenom-sama wrote:
The difficulty lies in convincing newcomers that we are special, and offer something that other Nintendo forums don't.

Well of course that's easy to do! Wiifuse has it's own blog section that posts directly to the forum & I know of no other forum that does that (at the moment of posting that I can personally remember lol). Not only that but wiifuse also has the best section for playing wifi torunament games that I know of. I've been on a lot of other forums and this is the only one where the wifi gaming section is always filled with new posts & tournaments. At least from how I see it & I haven't been on here in liek a while mun. If not then maybe have more wifi tournaments to get new potential members interested? Host an Animal Crossing New Leaf event since it's the hot new wifi game (for this post lol). It's not hard to advertise how special a forum is really when you think about it. :3

Maybe we can be creative with AC. Fruit trading. Letter writing. Stuff like that. Maybe we can hold contests to can catch a certain fish in time. QZ and SV have the game. I might get it.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:39 pm
Forum Administrator

Bad news there: Letters can't be sent to other towns. To send a friend a letter, you have to visit his/her town and drop it off at the post office there.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:42 pm
Boo

SirVenom wrote:
Bad news there: Letters can't be sent to other towns. To send a friend a letter, you have to visit his/her town and drop it off at the post office there.

WAT. Fine. Fine. I'll go to your town a plant some trees and flowers. I'll drop some Bells at your door. Surrounded by Pitfall traps.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:46 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
XD I know some who hosts events using AC NL at least once a week on Friday's & they offer 10k in bells to people who show up; along with rare prizes. I think a once a week event could work myself.. But I'm not too sure how popular NL is here though compared to other wifi 3DS games atmo.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet since most all of the staff has it... But usually some of the events I've been to have been all bug hunting & fish collecting.. Which is fun for a time until people get bored of it so maybe some new games could be included as well. ;3 Any who that's my two munnies worth.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
XD I know some who hosts events using AC NL at least once a week on Friday's & they offer 10k in bells to people who show up; along with rare prizes. I think a once a week event could work myself.. But I'm not too sure how popular NL is here though compared to other wifi 3DS games atmo.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet since most all of the staff has it... But usually some of the events I've been to have been all bug hunting & fish collecting.. Which is fun for a time until people get bored of it so maybe some new games could be included as well. ;3 Any who that's my two munnies worth.

AC:NL is for the 3DS? I might get it tomorrow.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:16 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Yep! There's even a download option from the eshop channel if you have a big enough SD card to plop it onto if you don't wanna run out and get the physical copy of the game.

On topic: Hopefully with some new ideas advertising wiifuse and getting new members will be easy.. Or easier said then done. LOL

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
Yep! There's even a download option from the eshop channel if you have a big enough SD card to plop it onto if you don't wanna run out and get the physical copy of the game.

On topic: Hopefully with some new ideas advertising wiifuse and getting new members will be easy.. Or easier said then done. LOL

Ahhh. I could do that. My wifi is shaky, so maybe I'll just get the physical copy.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:23 pm
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
An Animal Crossing: New Leaf thing would be sweet!

And yea, I think the big hook for the forums is the community. That's why I've stayed, because I met some cool people here.

By the way, I keep seeing "WiiFuse" everywhere... FYI, we changed the name to the "NintendoFuse Forum" a while ago. I'm sure some of you know that, but just wanted to remind people in case they started spreading the word. NintendoFuse is our new site name and our forums is the NintendoFuse Forum, and we have the NintendoFuse Podcast. Keeping it standard across the community.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
I would not mind an animal crossing event... but I'm also the Event Moderator, yet I don't have the game... so if Hattrick or JHARDIN, or even DarkWish want to take the reigns on it that is more than fine with me. Based on the videos I've seen, it still doesn't feel like the type of game I'd enjoy.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Well I've the one calling this place Wiifuse because I'm using the old Wiifuse skin & not the new one. The new skin is ewwww. xp

Also yea an Animal Crossing New Leaf event would be AWESOME. Could even use it as a promotion on the podcast too. (Just saying ;3)

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Not to reign on everyone's parade but forums are a dying thing online. So much has moved to social networking, etc. Even comments aren't as popular. I'm all for a solution to tie our forums and blog comments together, but hey_suburbia has tried many ways and they have all failed. That's all I know about that. Advertising is important to grow a bigger community, but people just staying active and committed is what grows a better community. Just some thoughts...

-----
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

hattrick wrote:
Not to reign on everyone's parade but forums are a dying thing online. So much has moved to social networking, etc. Even comments aren't as popular. I'm all for a solution to tie our forums and blog comments together, but hey_suburbia has tried many ways and they have all failed. That's all I know about that. Advertising is important to grow a bigger community, but people just staying active and committed is what grows a better community. Just some thoughts...

Forums arent considered social networking? Are the blog comments really that popular? Do people have discussion there and on the twitter account?

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
hattrick wrote:

Forums arent considered social networking? Are the blog comments really that popular? Do people have discussion there and on the twitter account?

People are often talking via Facebook and Twitter. Seems those are more popular now than a traditional forum.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Well with social media there are no rules and no limits to what you can talk about in your own blog & with forums members who join have to adhere to the forum rules and regulations. So as long as social media sites allow anything and everything to be blogged about while forums remain a place with 'rules' of course the social media is going to look far more appealing.

But on the other side of the coin is Nintendofuse's blog which is posted in most likely on a daily basis. As Hattrick said if there were some way that blog posts could be posted onto the forum then Nintendo fuse would become way more active. So then we all look at SirVenom's post stating that he's been looking at Xenfro. My concern is that even when Xenfro was purchased; would using Xenfro be that which bridges the gap from posting on the blog to the forum then? Is it really worth the $140 investment? If not then perhaps another forum software should be considered. I'm not trying to sound as if I know it won't work already but having prior experience as a member from a Xenfro community; which once used to be an IP board with a working blog feature.. And then Xenfro came along & there was no more working blog feature.. Thus perhaps maybe looking at IP boards for this solution maybe the way to go is all.

Still.. Forums aren't dead impo; it's just that most Nintendo ones are because there are so many Nintendo based forums in the online universe that they're all just saturating the pool of what's available to join. I've seen some active Nintendo forums & some that are pretty much deader then even Nintendofuse might seem to be. So it could be MUCH worse then it is. :3

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next